- Other Resources: sites, books, articles, videos
- #mathart on Twitter
- #mathart I've Tumbld.
Suggestions for additions to this page are welcome, encouraged and sought out!
|History of Infinity, Becca Wittebols|
Her design process
I have gotten to share at Twitter Math Camp and the Michigan Council of Teachers of Mathematics on integrating math and art. The evolving presentation page: http://bit.ly/mathxart
Heather Minnebo and I shared some K-2 MathArt at Math in Action 2017.
Current Artists & Mathematicians
Thanks to Martin Holtham and Tim Cieploski for lots of great suggestions above.
- Math in Art Festival (K-6 math & art lessons)
- Shadow Sculptures (multiage polyhedra and projection)
- K-8 MathArt Lessons (fractions, similarity, polyhedra, tangrams)
- Multiplication and Art (3rd grade game, counting circle, array art project)
- Mobile Math (multiage area, average, balance and Calder)
- Hundred Face (K-6 number); New post about the 100 Face.
- Trying to Merge Math & Visuals for 4 Year Olds, Paula Beardell Krieg
- Making Books with Money, Paula Beardell Krieg
- Heather Minnebo's Freedom Quilt lesson (1st/2nd)
- Mondrian Puzzles, Gordon Hamilton (Upper El or Algebra)
- Sphere Dressing, Patrick Honner, variations for grades 3-12.
- Art for PBL, Trever Reeh (HS)
- Dilation Math Art lesson by Suzanne Von Oy (HS)
- Popsicle Stick Trigonometry Sculpture, Stephanie Woldum (HS)
- your suggestions!
- Artfulmaths - Clarissa Grandi's great collection of lessons, ideas, and artwork
- Bridges Math Art - organization that curates a show at the joint MAA-AMS meeting and international shows.
- Math Art to Love - excellent collection by Evelyn Lamb
- Math Awareness Month: Mathematics and Art
- Math Munch - Anna, Justin, Mai Li, Paul
- Math Pickle has an Artists page
- GeoGebra Math in Art collection
- Picturing Math, a Metropolitan Museum of Art exhibition. (Related post.)
- Technically Beautiful, a mathart exhibition curated by Sam Shah.
- #mathart on Tumblr
- Art+Math=X, Marianne Freiberger, about Carla Farsi
- Art Education & Growth Mindset, from Mindshift
- Math Magic, Robert Kercher (explaining a math themed painting)
- Math Is Art, TCM, Tim Granger (tessellations unit)
- Masterpieces to Mathematics: Using Art to Teach Fraction, Decimal, and Percent Equivalents, MTMS, Christopher Scaptura; Jennifer Suh; Greg Mahaffey
- Teaching Mathematics through the Art of Kolam, MTMS, Syamala Chenulu (graph theory)
- Mathematical Lens: Mathematics and the Art of Sol LeWitt, MT, Timothy McKeny and Joanne Caniglia
- The Algebra Artist, MT, Darin Beigie (Desmos art)